Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Taco Pedaler


Ahh, Portland, land of the bicycle, land of the food cart and the land of some really cool mash-ups.  Shelley and I were looking for lunch on Sunday when we stumbled upon the Taco Pedaler trikes.

These two trikes, one serving as the prep cart, the other as the hot food line, turn out some pretty incredible food.  We both opted for the special- one taco, one "dilla" (think English pasty meets Mexican food), chips and salsa.  Shelley chose the chicken for her taco, and I went for the pork.  The chicken was good, very good, but the pork was fantastic.  Probably the best Mexican inspired pork I have had locally, and there is plenty around to compare it to.  Vegetarians and vegans are not forgotten either, but I will have to visit again to give a first hand report on that fare.  Based on my experience thus far, I'm not dreading the task!

These are functional and mobile tricycles, so they move around.  Check out their website to see where they can be found, you will be happy you did.  http://tacopedalerpdx.com/

3 comments:

  1. thanks so much for the write up! glad you enjoyed your food!!! I will definately post your blog and add a link to our facebook and twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is the brand of these carts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Citizens of Portland are genius!

    ReplyDelete